One of our four core values at Topel Forman is excellence. We believe that you should be given the tools to create your own career path and receive support from your fellow teammates to succeed. This dedication extends from our interns to the partner level. The goal of our tax internship is to train young professionals to understand several different aspects of taxation and to provide a good foundation for future opportunities. For more information on Topel Forman, please visit our website at www.topelforman.com.
The 2022 Tax Interns in our Denver office will receive training in various areas of taxation, tax workpaper documentation, and other projects under the supervision of seniors, managers, and partners.
This is a full-time position. Some flexibility in hours is allowed, but the intern must be available during the “core” work hours of 9am to 4pm and must work 35 hours each week to maintain full-time status. At the completion of the internship, interns will have an understanding of several different aspects of taxation which will provide a strong foundation for future opportunities.
- Prepare a variety of tax returns which may include: individual, partnership, trust, and gift returns to meet government requirements and client expectations
- Maintain a working knowledge of individual tax laws
- Prepare individual tax projections to ensure proper tax planning for the client
- Maintain a working knowledge of tax preparation software used in the office
- Perform other accounting duties as necessary to meet the responsibilities of the position and client expectations
- Identify and communicate tax and accounting issues to senior associates, managers, and partners
- Demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing, and completing tasks
- Proactively seeking guidance, clarification, and feedback
- Learn about the firm – get to know partners/managers, services provided, specialties of individuals, key clients and industries served
- Build communication skills: practice business writing (clear workpapers and emails), working with other professionals, and feeling comfortable in business situations.
Required Education and Experience
Energetic, Team-Oriented applicants should be an Accounting major proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and communicate effectively are all essential to this position.
Our internship is a full-time internship. The time commitment to start will be 35 hours but will increase to a 55 hour per week minimum, including evenings and 1 day of the weekend. Your availability will be discussed during the interview process.
Our Winter internship will begin in January and concluded on Tuesday, April 19th. We strongly encourage our interns to take the semester off from school. However, if you must take classes, we recommend no more than 1 or 2 classes during your internship to ensure both your success in the internship and your school work does not suffer.
Our Summer internship will start on June 1st and conclude in August.