Topel Forman is a leading certified public accounting firm in the Midwest and the Denver region providing a wide range of attest, accounting, tax, advisory, and consulting services to individuals, professionals, closely held and family owned business and corporations. At Topel Forman, you’ll find the high level of talent and expertise you’d expect from a larger firm, but with the accessibility and collaboration that are usually only available at a smaller organization. You can expect to work directly with clients, senior-level management, and partners with knowledge of various disciplines. A proactive, hands-on approach to our clients allows you to grow in your expertise and advance in your career.
Our staff accountants assist our clients with their bookkeeping, basic accounting, and payroll functions. The staff accountant is responsible for providing exceptional, personalized customer services to several clients of varying sizes and complexity; time management and organizational skills are critical.
- Process, record, and pay invoices, bills and other transactions for managed client accounts
- Record financial transactions, balancing and reconciling accounts for small businesses and personal financial statements
- General ledger and financial statement preparation
- Prepare weekly and bi-weekly payroll and subsequent payroll taxes
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with each client and address any questions or issues that arise
- Assume responsibility for effectively researching, tracking, and resolving accounting or documentation problems and discrepancies for many projects across multiple teams
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems, making use of current computer technology
- Timely and accurate processing of month-end and year-end closing and reporting
- Other responsibilities as assigned
- 4 or more years of relevant professional experience
- 2+ years using QuickBooks Software (Desktop and Online), QuickBooks certified preferred
- Monthly & seasonal overtime is required, including nights and weekends – March/April, September/October, as needed for projects up to 65 hours at the height of busy seasons
- Ability to work independently on assigned projects
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance
- Prior experience in a public accounting firm
- Proficient MS Office with advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Competitive salary with annual merit increases
- Annual discretionary bonus eligibility
- 35-hour workweek during non-busy season
- To learn more about our firm and benefit offerings, please visit our careers page.