Topel Forman is a leading certified public accounting firm providing a wide range of attest, accounting, tax, advisory, and consulting services to individuals, professionals, closely-held and family-owned businesses, and corporations in the Midwest and the Denver region. At Topel Forman, you’ll find the high level of talent and expertise you’d expect from a larger firm, but with the accessibility and collaboration that are usually only available at a smaller organization. Rather than operating solely within your department, you can expect to work directly with clients, senior-level management, and partners with knowledge of various disciplines. A proactive, hands-on approach to our clients allows you to grow in your expertise and advance in your career.
As a Senior Audit Associate, you will be providing high-level client service, assisting, and leading financial statement engagements, including audits, reviews, and compilations to clients within the investment partnership and private equity; manufacturing and distribution, real estate, technology, and professional service companies industries. You will be rewarded with the opportunity to both develop professionally and increase the firm’s reputation. As a Senior Audit Associate, you will be developing, training, and mentoring associates.
- Ability to be the in-charge of client engagements from start to finish, which includes planning, executing, directing, and completing financial statement engagements and managing to budget.
- Supervise, train, and mentor associates and interns on the audit process.
- Identify and resolve client issues discovered during the audit process and relay them to the Manager or Partner in charge.
- Researching, reviewing, and analyzing various new audit and accounting standards and communicating to team members and or clients.
- Gain a comprehensive understanding of client operations, processes, and business objectives and apply that knowledge on engagements, and train associates with that knowledge.
- Continue professional development and training sessions on a regular basis.
- BS/BA in Accounting.
- Minimum of 2 or more years of progressive audit experience with a public accounting firm.
- Familiarity with and experience in the application of U.S. GAAP and GAAS to financial statement engagements.
- The collaborative drive to contribute to a dynamic team environment as a true team player.
- A passionate learner who welcomes opportunities to be stretched.
- An entrepreneurial point of view in the Auditor role.
- Excellent project management, organizational and analytical skills.
- Strong leadership and mentoring skills.
- Dedication to providing superior client service.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills.
- Proficiency in MS Office, specifically Word and Excel.
- Experience with personal and entity income taxation preferred but not required
- Experience in at least one of the following industries is highly preferred: Investment partnerships and private equity; manufacturing and distribution, or real estate.
- CPA certification is in-hand or eligible to sit for the CPA exam.
- Competitive salary with the range of $65,000 to $90,000, with annual merit increases
- Annual discretionary bonus eligibility
- 35-hour workweek during non-busy season
- To learn more about our firm and benefit offerings, please visit our careers page.