Topel Forman is a leading certified public accounting firm providing a wide range of attest, accounting, tax, advisory, and consulting services to individuals, professionals, closely-held and family-owned businesses, and corporations in the Midwest and the Denver region. At Topel Forman, you’ll find the high level of talent and expertise you’d expect from a larger firm, but with the accessibility and collaboration that are usually only available at a smaller organization. Rather than operating solely within your department, you can expect to work directly with clients, senior-level management, and partners with knowledge of various disciplines. A proactive, hands-on approach to our clients allows you to grow in your expertise and advance in your career.
As the Tax Manager, Entity, you will be providing high-level client service, assisting, and managing multiple tax practice areas to deliver quality tax services that will afford you the opportunity to both develop professionally and increase the firm’s reputation. We are looking for an experienced Tax Manager to lead and manage our clients that have flow through entities.
• Prepares and reviews a variety of tax returns, including individual, trust, gift, estate and/or not-for-profit tax returns
• Research tax issues and legislation and exercise professional judgment with respect to issue identification to develop solutions to tax issues in returns
• Identify and communicate tax and accounting issues to staff, as well as managers and partners
• Develop and maintain an excellent working relationship with all levels of client staff to add value internally and strengthen client relationships
• Assist with business development and firm marketing initiatives
• Mentor, develop and retain staff through active participation in the firm mentoring program
• Additional responsibilities not listed above may be expected as needed
• Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, CPA preferred
• Minimum of 5 to 10 years’ of recent, relevant experience specializing in High Net Worth Individuals as well as Estate & Gift, Trust and Partnership Taxation
• Big 4 or Regional Firm experience preferred
• Knowledge of tax software and MS Office
• Ability to provide exceptional client service as well as develop trusted client relationships
• Strong leadership and personnel management skills