Topel Forman is seeking a Tax Manager in our Expatriate practice in our Chicago, IL office. As the Tax Manager – Expatriate, you will have the opportunity add value to our clients’ needs and gain expert knowledge of international tax. You will have the opportunity to build your unique career path with a growing and thriving firm.
- Build relationships and interact with clients to provide excellent planning, consulting and international expertise.
- Prepare and review individual tax returns for expatriate and foreign national populations.
- Efficiently manage all aspects of compliance cycle, including assignment briefings, tax forecasting, planning, compliance, and audit/notice inquiries.
- Responsible for planning to minimize the tax costs incurred by employers and mitigate the effects of international employees’ individual tax liabilities.
- Work with clients and partners in other countries to formulate effective cross-border tax strategies.
- Review of additional tax forms including, but not limited to FinCEN Form 114 FBAR Foreign Bank Account Report, Form 8938 Statement of Specified Foreign Financial Assets (FATCA), and Form 5471 Information Return of U.S. Persons with Respect to Certain Foreign Corporations.
- Research and analyze U.S. federal and international tax issues, remaining current on US and international legislative, judicial and regulatory law changes that impact international tax as well as changes in foreign tax rates that impact U.S. tax provisions. Advise on those impacts and opportunities, as well as with respect to current and proposed transactions.
- Bachelor’s degree in accounting or finance, CPA preferred.
- Minimum of 5 to 10 years’ experience.
- Big 4 or Regional Firm experience preferred
- Knowledge of tax software and MS Office
- Advance knowledge of U.S. international tax rules is required, including foreign national and expatriate issues, foreign tax compliance, and the tax equalization process.
Topel Forman is a leading certified public accounting firm in the Midwest and the Denver region providing a wide range of attest, accounting, tax, advisory, and consulting services to individuals, professionals, closely-held and family-owned businesses and corporations. At Topel Forman, you’ll find the high level of talent and expertise you’d expect from a larger firm, but with the accessibility and collaboration that are usually only available at a smaller organization. You can expect to work directly with clients, senior-level management, and partners with knowledge of various disciplines. A proactive, hands-on approach to our clients allows you to grow in your expertise and advance in your career. For more information on Topel Forman, please visit our website at www.topelforman.com.
- Competitive salary with annual merit increases
- Annual discretionary bonus eligibility
- 35-hour workweek during non-busy season
- To learn more about our firm and benefit offerings, please visit our careers page