Topel Forman is seeking an Accounting Manager to lead our Accounting Services Team and a newly created Family Office division, in our Chicago office. You will have the opportunity to work closely with family office clients, which include closely held companies and high-net worth individuals. As the Accounting Manager, you will be a strategic member and contributor in enhancing and growing our Accounting Services Department, managing our client accounting services team of professionals, including handling of staff assignments and project scheduling, as well as tasked to innovate and improve efficiencies within current processes in place. This is an excellent opportunity for a process driven, innovator, and individual with a creative mindset that is looking to build-out and continue to create efficiency in a well working team environment.
- Works closely with our accounting and project management team assisting with day-to-day client questions and staff questions
- Oversees the client services accounting team by ensuring proper review and documentation of the client accounting services being provided.
- Evaluate and establish internal controls internally and for client related engagements
- Develop, implement, modify, and document recordkeeping and accounting systems.
- Assess and evaluate on an on-going basis of the current technology and its use and effectiveness
- Work with operations team to find new opportunities to deploy such as advanced technology to enhance the department
- Preparation of financial statements, cash flow forecasting, planning, and investment monitoring
- Foster and maintain strong relationships with each client and vendors, and address any questions or issues that arise
- Mentor and train talent to ensure tenure and employee engagement
- 7+ years of accounting services experience from a mid-sized public accounting firm or a Family Office
- Bachelor’s degree in Accounting, Business Administration, or related field
- Experience with QuickBooks and other general ledger software
- Understanding of U.S. GAAP, budgeting, and financial analysis
- Proficient MS Office with advanced Microsoft Excel skills
- Energetic, flexible, collaborative, and proactive team leader who can positively and productively impact both strategic and tactical operations initiatives
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills
- Exceptional written, verbal, interpersonal, and presentation skills and the ability to effectively interact as a member of executive management and all levels of staff
- Ability to build, motivate, and lead a diverse team of accounting professionals
- Excellent judgment and creative problem-solving skills including negotiation and conflict resolution skills
- CPA is highly preferred
Topel Forman is a leading certified public accounting firm providing a wide range of attest, accounting, tax, advisory, and consulting services to individuals, professionals, closely held and family owned business and corporations in the Midwest and the Denver region. At Topel Forman, you'll find the high level of talent and expertise you'd expect from a larger firm, but with the accessibility and collaboration that are usually only available at a smaller organization. Rather than operating solely within your department, you can expect to work directly with clients, senior-level management, and partners with knowledge of various disciplines. A proactive, hands-on approach to our clients allows you to grow in your expertise and advance in your career. For more information on Topel Forman, please visit our website at www.topelforman.com.
- Competitive salary
- Annual discretionary bonus eligibility
- 35-hour workweek during non-busy season
- To learn more about our firm and benefit offerings, please visit our careers page.