One of our four core values at Topel Forman is excellence. We believe that you should be given the tools to create your own career path and receive support from your fellow teammates to succeed. This dedication extends from our interns to the partner level. The goal of our tax internship is to train junior level professionals to understand several different aspects of taxation and to provide a good foundation for future opportunities. For more information on Topel Forman, please visit our website at www.topelforman.com.
The Winter 2023 Tax Interns in our Denver office will receive individual, hands-on training from experienced tax professionals in various areas of taxation, tax workpaper documentation, and other projects.
Why Work at TF?
You're not just another face in the crowd. The Partners and Managers know your name and care about you as a person. Starting with your first day you will be paired with a buddy, a tax associate who went through our program, who is your go-to person to help you navigate the firm throughout your entire internship. You are given continuous real-time feedback to ensure a successful internship experience.
Each intern has the same experience as a first-year associate, working on projects that are made up of real compliance work that directly benefits our clients and our firm.
Any intern that joins the firm full-time after their internship will have the opportunity to gain experience in a variety of areas. From here, you can navigate you personal career path based on your own interests. Start your career at Topel Forman today!
Our winter internship is a full-time paid internship at a range of $25-$28 hour. There could be additional overtime through the course of your internship depending on workflow. Your availability will be discussed during the interview process.
Our winter internship will begin in January and conclude in mid-April. We recommend no more than 1 or 2 classes during your internship to ensure both your success in the internship and your schoolwork does not suffer.
- Prepare a variety of tax returns which may include: individual, partnership, trust, and gift returns to meet government requirements and client expectations
- Maintain a working knowledge of individual tax laws
- Prepare individual tax projections to ensure proper tax planning for the client
- Maintain a working knowledge of tax preparation software used in the office
- Perform other accounting duties as necessary to meet the responsibilities of the position and client expectations
- Identify and communicate tax and accounting issues to senior associates, managers, and partners
- Demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing, and completing tasks
- Proactively seeking guidance, clarification, and feedback
- Learn about the firm – get to know partners/managers, services provided, specialties of individuals, key clients and industries served
- Build communication skills: practice business writing (clear workpapers and emails), working with other professionals, and feeling comfortable in business situations.
Required Education and Experience
Energetic, Team-Oriented applicants should be an Accounting major proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and communicate effectively are all essential to this position.