The Tax Scanning & Processing internship will include training in administrative areas of tax workpaper preparation and other projects under the Administrative Supervisor. This is a part-time position, working a minimum of 20 hours per work. At the completion of the internship, interns will have an understanding of administrative aspects of tax returns beginning with the intake of information through the process of presentation and delivery which may provide a strong foundation for future, more in-depth internship opportunities.
Our winter tax scanning and processing internship is a part-time internship that will begin in January and concluded at the end of April.
The expectation will be 4 consecutive hours in the office Monday through Friday, between the hours of 9 am and 4 pm, for a total of 20 hours per business week, in addition to work on Saturdays as required by our Administrative staff.
Tax Scanning & Processing
- Assist with the intake and processing of tax information, such as: scanning, auto-flow, assembling, extensions
- Build a working knowledge of tax forms and processes
- Identify and communicate issues to Tax Administrator
- Demonstrating flexibility in prioritizing and completing tasks
- Proactively seeking guidance, clarification and feedback
- Learn about the Firm – get to know partners/managers, services provided, specialties of individuals, key clients and industries served
- Build communication skills: practice business writing (clear workpapers and emails), working with other professionals, and feeling comfortable in business situations.
Required Education and Experience
Energetic, team-oriented applicants should be an Accounting major proficient in Microsoft Office applications. Attention to detail, the ability to multi-task and communicate effectively are all essential to this position.