Careers at Topel Forman
Help Desk Coordinator – Chicago
As the Help Desk Coordinator, you will be reporting to the System Administrator. You will work closely with the firm administration, operations, and professional staff, including providing technology support to Topel Forman’s Executive and Senior leadership. In this role, you will be providing technical assistance to computer users who are experiencing technology, hardware, or application problems.
- Setup computer systems for new hires and provide guidance on email, desktop applications, and internal systems.
- Provides training to new users on all company technology matters.
- Demonstrable ability to design, troubleshoot, and maintain computer networks.
- Troubleshoots resolves or escalates hardware and software problems proactively or as identified by users.
- Identifies and resolves system security issues to include antivirus, spyware & system software updates.
- Define software, hardware, and network requirement.
- Actively participates in formal learning and development activities.
- Attends professional development and training sessions when offered.
- Works independently and within a team on special nonrecurring and ongoing projects.
- Bachelor’s Degree in an IT-Related related field, Microsoft Professional Certification, CompTIA A+, or CompTIA Network + Certificate.
- 3+ years of experience in a similar IT help desk support function.
- Understand installation, configuration, and troubleshooting processes for software, hardware, networking, and accessory equipment.
- Must be able to support Windows 10, Windows Server 2012 / 2016.
- Expert level in Microsoft Office Applications.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills.
- Previous technical support role with a financial services firm and providing IT support to Executive Leadership.
- Comfortable providing IT support for a remote working environment.
- Bachelor’s Degree in computer systems, computer science, related field.
- CompTIA certifications: ITF+, A+, Network+, and Security+.