Steven A. Hueffner, CPA
"Most of the successful people I've known are the ones who do more listening than talking."
Steve Hueffner provides services in wealth planning and income tax for high-net-worth families. His expertise encompasses gift, estate, generation-skipping transfer taxation, trust compliance, and charitable planning –specifically around private foundations and charitable trusts. He leads our gift, estate and trust group keeping updated on what’s coming including court cases that might have ramifications, so that we can adeptly advise clients.
As one of the key members of our learning & development committee, Steve is crucial in ensuring our staff are receiving appropriate training. Utilizing his network, Steve often brings in experts to advise staff on relevant tax updates. Steve is also passionate about advising types of training, tap preferred interest in tax, accounting, or industry audit, providing opportunities for staff to pursue professional passions.
Before joining Topel Forman, Steve worked for nine years in the private client advisory group at an international accounting firm.
Steve relishes fatherhood with his three children. When not attending their activities or family events with his wife, Rachel, you might be able to hear him coming down the road on his Harley.
- Gift, Estate, and Generation-Skipping Transfer Taxation
- Wealth Transfer Planning and Income Taxation high-net-worth families
- Trust Taxation
- Business Succession Planning
- Charitable Planning Focused Around Private Foundations
- Family Office structuring and services
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Master of Accountancy
- University of Wisconsin-Madison, Bachelor of Business Administration-Accounting, and Information Systems
- American Institute of Certified Public Accountants
- Illinois CPA Society
- Chicago Estate Planning Council